Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm a Missionary!


Hi! I'm a missionary! This is crazy. Well, I got here Wednesday afternoon - I was so so nervous. The Unsicker's picked me up from the airport and then we went to eat at Cafe Rio. Then we went to take pictures at the temple. We got in the car and I pretty much thought I was going to throw up. But there was a super nice sister at the MTC to help me out and take my bags. I got my name tag and books and everything. It's weird to see "Sister Coltrin" on a name tag... I will send pictures some other time, I had a hard time logging in so I already don't have a ton of time.

The first day was sooooooooooooooooooooo long. I cannot emphasize that enough... Waking up at 2:30 in the morning, flying half the day, and then learning was overwhelming a little bit. At the end of the day I laid down and passed out on the spot. We learn so much here! So on the first day all the new missionaries went to a big orientation meeting - I saw Elder Wade there. I have seen a lot of people here from my freshman ward too. Speaking of that, Sister Hutchings is my companion! She was an RA in my freshman ward! We get a long really well. Our district is awesome. There are 12 of us all going to Las Vegas together, 8 sisters and 4 elders. The sisters definitely are the majority here, it's so awesome!

Yesterday (my first FULL day) was great. We did a few more orientation things, and then we learned about our investigators that we will be teaching tonight. We planned out a lesson and then took turns teaching the other companionships. It's crazy because even though they aren't a real investigator (they are our teachers), we still think about them all the time and about their needs. I saw Sister O'leary at lunch! We were so happy, we hugged twice. I also saw Sister Christiansen at dinner! We ran to each other and basically cried. I can't wait until Emmi and Alyssa get here.

There are 6 sisters in my room, including me. They are all going to Brazil, but just got reassignments yesterday because their visas are not here yet.  Two of them got reassigned to the Lansing Michigan mission, so look out for Sister Dixon and Sister Emphy! They are really sweet.

So, my P-Day here is on Friday (obviously). Sister Hutchings and I "slept in" until 6:30 today. Surprisingly it isn't that hard to get up early here. I thought I would die, but I've been fine.

I am supposed to get my flight itinerary today.  I think we leave on the 12th. Sorry, I don't have that much to say... I've only been here for a day and a half hahaha.

Mom, tell Sister Fulmer to email me! Or give me her email address... Or just tell her that there are two other sister that I know that are coming out to Lansing (at least for a little while).

The MTC is good. The food is like freshman year all over again because it's basically the cannon center. I'm never really hungry here though. We are booked every minute of the day, I've never been so busy. It's awesome though.

Our zone leaders took us on a little tour last night and showed us this tree that smells exactly like cream soda. Seriously, EXACTLY like it. So weird.

Anyways, I hope you are doing well and are having a blast without me (impossible)! I love you!
 

Love,
Sister Coltrin

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha tell her to send me a pic of the tree! So cool! Seems like she loves it already!

    ReplyDelete